The Bowl

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 0 comments -

I saw the bird fly away
the bowl fell and hit the floor
into million pieces it went
I sat there and wept

to pick up the pieces was a task
no broom to make it easier
one by one each piece was picked up
each one sorted by size

large ones gathered first
they are the easiest to find
as I gather I assemble
the bowl takes shape anew

got to find the glue
it seems hidden somewhere forgotten
days pass and the pieces gathered
one day I'll find the glue to finish

Months and the glue is found
assembly is slow and tedious
the small pieces don't seem to fit
I find holes all over the bowl

the imperfect bowl will be shined
the holes fixed and the paint new
but not yet time will pass
it will be finished in the end

There has been 0 Responses to 'The Bowl' so far